- Each puzzle has a colorful story to tell
- Fun and entertaining items are found within the intricate details of the artwork
- Full color image insert with extra zip-lock baggie
- Re-closable collectors box with sleeve
- Made in America from high quality materials
Publisher: Dowdle Folk Art
Details: Skagway, Alaska, is located out on the Alaska Panhandle, about 90 miles northwest of Juneau. It was heavily involved with the Klondike Gold Rush between 1896 and 1899. The White Pass & Yukon Route was created to help get prospectors over the mountains to the Klondike, a region of the Yukon territory in northwest Canada. It was later recognized as an International Historic Civil Engineering Landmark for construction in overcoming numerous difficult and hazardous obstacles. The WP&YR now operates purely for tourism and is a main source of revenue for the city. If the description of the city sounds familiar, this is because Jack London used the location as the setting for his book Call of the Wild. If you visit Skagway, be sure to check out the Golden North Hotel, the oldest hotel in Alaska, and stop in to the Red Onion Saloon, one of four bars in Skagway.